Friday, November 18, 2005

Adventures in telephony

Last night, Buck and Gunthyr and I got online to do a little role-playing on Buck's BAHS game (By Axe, Hammer or Sword - catchy, eh?). We've used Yahoo Messenger in the past, but the voice quality is poor - lots of echo, half-duplex, etc. Google Talk is quite good, but unfortunately it doesn't support conference calling. We found a kludged way of doing it, but one person's voice ended up suffering quite a bit to the point of going back to Yahoo.

I've downloaded Skype and we'll try that out. It supports conference calling and the voice quality is supposed to be pretty good. I'm sure Google will add conference calling to their software - it just came out. I'm a little surprised it doesn't have it already, but I'll be even more surprised if they don't end up adding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment