Monday, November 14, 2005

Fun weekend

I had a fun weekend. I spent Saturday afternoon/evening with my friend Jimmy. He gave me a great cigar - a "Royal Jamaica Oro Rojo" which I proceeded to smoke with him on his back porch. We then played a DnD miniatures game with his sons Noah and Wesley. Jim and Wesley were on one team and Noah and I on the other. We got hammered, but they had a "death knight" and this other lich-like thingy that had this "abysmal blast" special ability which wiped out half of our army from the start, so even though the "points" were the same in building the army, it wasn't fair. Not only wasn't it fair, I'll call it cheating.

On Sunday morning, I played Spinter Cell 3 with my nephew, Carl. We played the multiplayer coop mode, which is quite fun - you can throw your partner over ledges, use each other as ladders, etc. In this aspect, it's a unique game. We didn't get very far, but it'll be something to look forward to at the holidays. My mom also had a brunch where our friends the Tubbs came over to see Anna and Tony's little girl, Abbey (sp?) who is a whole 5 months old. She's cute and very happy. I drove back home yesterday afternoon and watched a tivoed Alias (I'm not buying Sydney being pregnant and still working, by the way), tracked down a pizza place that Jimmy recommended when he lived in Highland (Langel's - pretty good, Jim, thanks) and went to bed early.

This week I have band practice on Wednesday night and Saturday afternoon, and an appointment to get my Saturn's recall work done on Saturday morning. Otherwise, I should be either at work or at home.

I'm off to the cigar store to look for Royal Jamaicas...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Jimmy is a cheater, to be sure. But mostly I think Noah got hosed with a bad partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Jimmy is dirty cheater, but mostly I think Noah got gyped with a poor partner.

    ReplyDelete