Monday, August 06, 2007

"Best driver, worst person"

I saw this news story months ago and can't believe that I forgot to post it.



NEW PORT RICHEY - For about eight minutes on Tuesday, through the streets near downtown, police chased a driver who had no arms and one good leg.

He got away.

He is used to this sort of thing.

Authorities say the driver was Michael Francis Wiley, 40, who overcame three amputations, taught himself to drive with stumps and proceeded to become one of Pasco County's most accomplished traffic violators.

As far as I'm concerned, the Touyama / Wiley ticket is the best we can hope for in 2008.

Classic quote: "He is one of the best drivers I've ever seen in my life," said Lee Michie, a longtime acquaintance. "But he's the worst person I've ever met."

2 comments:

  1. He can manage to escape police in his condition but I can't even avoid an accident? I'm terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got pulled over in Yosemite National Park by a PARK RANGER for doing 35 mph in a 25 mph zone. Got away with a warning, but sheesh.

    Let's just say my luck has run out with authority figures.

    ReplyDelete