Monday, January 17, 2011

14 Favorite 2010 Albums

I'm finding that I'm enjoying R&B more as I grow older. I continue to enjoy alternative country, americana, folk, roots, or whatever you want to call it. There continues to be a wealth of world music out there that I need to take pains to explore - the same goes for jazz. Great music continues to be made, but the "noise" surrounding it has grown, too. It seems that the internet and other trends continue to bring us a world of options, but have also made it more work to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Out of the numerous 2010 albums that I've listened to, here are my 14 favorites in alphabetical order with a sample song from each. I hope you dig it like chicks dig overalls.

Aloe Blacc - Good Things



Black Mountain - Wilderness Heart



Blitzen Trapper - Destroyer of the Void



Broken Bells - The High Road



The Budos Band - The Budos Band III



Carolina Chocolate Drops - Genuine Negro Jig



Cee-Lo Green - The Lady Killer



I have to include this, too:



I love that.

Dylan LeBlanc - Paupers Field



Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid



JJ Grey and Mofro - Georgia Warhorse



Johnny Cash - American VI



Mary Gauthier - The Foundling



Midlake - The Courage of Others



and last, but certainly not least:

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - I Learned the Hard Way

No comments:

Post a Comment