Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I feel like starting off the New Year with a blog post to get my brain's RPMs up a little this morning.

I'm trying to catch up on all the music releases in 2010 that I missed and there's quite a few. This was inspired by my friend's "Best of 2010" list. I had heard exactly 1 out of the 10 records he listed. So, in the meantime, I got caught up on Avi Buffalo, Cee-Lo Green, Black Label Society, and a few others. I simply don't enjoy a lot of modern music that are critics' darlings. I can abstractly respect most of it, but most of it simply leaves me cold - there's no emotional component in it for me.

Once I give myself time to pour through the music of 2010, I'll see if there's enough I like to do a top 10 and discuss in more detail.

More later - thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment