Thursday, February 15, 2007

Top 20 Guitar Solos - #1: Stairway to Heaven - Jimmy Page

I don't think this is nearly Page's best example, but, it is the best I could find:



The studio version is better, but that's splitting hairs - all in all a great song and solo. The original solo was recorded on a '58 Telecaster. Nice.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. As an extra treat...

I don't know how old this kid is, and I've looked carefully for fakery, but I have not found a whiff... fun to watch:

These vids are so popular that embedding has been disabled, so just click here.

then here,

then here

and finally here for the solo.

The kid seems a little sedated, but WOW.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:02 PM

    No problem with this being number 1 - even though I prefer the solos on Achilles' Last Stand and Since I've Been Loving You (live).

    ReplyDelete