Friday, February 02, 2007

Top 20 Guitar Solos - #11: Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix

I stand up next to a mountain
chop it down with the edge of my hand...


I mentioned the original source of these videos in the first post for this year, with the #20 pick, City Rag.

Kudos to the concept, which I'm shamelessly copying here, but they get a D for execution. They obviously picked the first video they could find. In their link for today's post, it cuts out halfway through the solo! Other links provided half-assed videos as well, so I've made an attempt to do it right and cull the best videos I can find for each solo.

My 2 readers might appreciate this.

So... Jimi at Woodstock. Full strength at 8:52.




Um, you're not sick of me gushing about SRV are you? His version is, well, great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment